Saturday, September 10, 2011

Two More Cards

 

Trying to keep up with cards, all the while visiting with my in-laws.  I’m a few behind but plan fully to keep up. 

 

365 cards – Day 192 – Color Scheme

We were given this color palette to work with:

 

 

So, I built the following card:

 

365-Day-192-full

 

This card is really much nicer to see it with your own eyes.  Its a lot brighter and softer – the sentiment and background are the yellowish tones.  I was gifted this beautiful ribbon by Susan who has opened a shop here in town.  I gifted her a big mason jar of matched grey buttons, which would be perfect for an upholstery project, and so then she would not accept anything in return for the ribbon.  Sheesh, you know how this goes, we will be at this trying to out-give each other for years to come.

The sentiment is an Inkadinkadoo

Clean and Simple Stamping

FTL I57 – Birthday Wishes

The sketch:

 

 

 

And my take on it is pretty bold, using up some of the bright paper I have on hand. 

 

157-birhtday-wishes

 

Like I said – wow on the eyes. 

Sentiment – Fiskars

Will be attempting two cards today.  Went to yard sales this morning with our folks and I found some fabulous rainbow crochet thread which I hope to use to make some tatted flowers for cards.  Do YOU garage sale?  What have been your most recent finds?

2 comments:

  1. Ohh Barb, your cards are wonderful. I can see all the soft tones in the first card. The second is beautiful and bright.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both really great. Thanks for joining us at 365 Cards :-)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a blessing to me!

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts