Monday, September 05, 2011

Days 187 and 188 for 365 Cards

 

Two more cards hot off of the press.  One of these days, when I’m not so busy making cards I will actually send some in real life!  I hope YOU all have had a restful and fun Labour Day weekend, getting that last bite of summer before we fall into fall.  I did not rest this weekend but it was all good because I was helping host an anniversary party for dear friends and how can one count that as “work”?  I will process and share some of the photos in this coming week, hopefully.  Also prepping for a visit from my in-laws, really looking forward to time with them.

 

365 cards 

Day 187 – Past, Present and Future 

Instructions:

“Pick an item/technique/tool from the past that you haven't used in a while

Use your favorite color at present

and

Use a theme that is relevant in your life in the near future (a holiday or upcoming event)”

Here’s my take:

 

365-Day-187-full

There is a baby coming in the future – noooo not me, I’m past my egg laying days, and I also welcomed doing a baby card because for some reason I never think of it.  So thats the “future” element of my card. 

 

365-Day-187-close-1

I am loving this shade of nail polish right now, so that covers my “favorite color”  I made this custom dot for the center of this blossom with a glue-gun blob and then painting it with the nail polish.  The stamped sentiment is a Fiskars “Sweet Pea”

 

365-Day-187-close-2

The little embossed pink hearts border is what I’m choosing for my “technique I have not used for a while” (a little aside, isn’t the teensy hanger I created just too much?)

 

365-Day-187-close-3

For the hearts embossed border I had to make my own cut file on my Silhouette and then I laid pink paper over this and used my embossing tool to press the hearts out.  I love this technique and forget to use it.  Now that I’ve tried it again I have a plethora of ideas to try this week!

 

Day 188 – Super Sketchy Sunday

Here’s the sketch we are given to base our card off of:

 

And my version of this card:

 

365-Day-188-full

That triangle screamed “mountain” the moment I saw the triangle.  The rest fell together after this.  I must admit, since taking this photo I’ve used a white pastel pencil to add a bit of lighter snowcap to the mountain in the background.  I designed this set of mountains and snow cap myself. 

 

365-Day-188-close

This sentiment which I typed up and printed off on vellum reads:

 

climb every mountain

ford every stream

follow every rainbow

‘til you find your dream

 

365-Day-188-close2

For this tag I layered a clear tag with JOURNEY (Making Memories TRAVEL) ontop of different layers of papers I’ve already used in my card theme. 

 

Thanks for coming to visit and enjoy the last vestige of this holiday weekend. 

♥♥♥

11 comments:

  1. Two fab cards, love the second one. Thank you for the sweet comment on my blog. Have a great day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barb, these are fabulous. Love the nail polish idea, I might just try that. The baby girl card is darling love the little dress on the hanger. The Journey card is absolutely wonderful, the sentiment is perfect. So glad you had a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are all very nice I especially like the baby card.
    Have a Happy Labor Day!
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning Barb:)
    WOW! I LOVE your cards!!AWESOME!! Your clothes hanger is TOO COOL!! Love your embossing and the CUTE stamp.Aren't baby cards soo FUN?:) I LOVE your mountain idea and the Great sentiment to go with it too!
    I am gonna be extra busy today.It's Jimmy's 37th bday...and he wants a party and dinner with the whole family.:)

    Have a wonderful day!!

    Love,
    Valinda

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love both of these cards they are so different with the exception of how well done they are. Great job with these challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, why didn't I think of a mountain? Great take on the sketch and what a fabulous sentiment. Thanks for joining us at 365 Cards Super Sketchy Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Me encanta!!!
    Yo también uso traductor para leer su blog, y así saber cada detalle de la tarjeta!!
    EL titulo en el vellum queda genial, pero su significado es precioso.
    Ha hecho un gran trabajo!!
    PD:Muchas gracias por sus maravillosos comentarios en mi blog!
    Un abrazo desde españa.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely creations. Love your CD card, beautiful layering of flowers.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. awesome take on the sketch!! love the snow on the mountain :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. ohhhh great cards and sooo love your take on the sketch!!!!! great details on the card!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a blessing to me!

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts