Thursday, May 17, 2007

STYLIN' ELEMENTS




First thing - it's the OFFICIAL LAUNCH of the new Communities For Kids website! Now, you will be asking what's so exciting about this? Well, its chock full of helpful information about kids, and communities - with tons of helful links if you are a parent of a young child! But the reason I'm so proud and excited to announce this new website is because my talented husband Miles designed and created this website! He encourages you to visit it today - and leaving a comment there would make his day! Can you please share the link with all your friends, and fill up the comment box at the site? You may also notice photos of children of our friends Sonya Johnston ( OMGOODNESS SONYA, I see I missed your Birthday, blush! ), Kristin CB and Melissa Renfro! Just click on the following link to visit the site!






Everybody should also be visiting AMY today, to say a big HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! *muah* *hug*!!! Hope you get royally spoiled, our AMY! God Bless you on your special day!




Birthdays are good for you.
Statistics show that the people who have the most, live the longest!


"So teach us to number our days,
that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom."

Psalm 90:12


Yeah, I can 'DO' hair. Case I missed your particular style - or if you have a style in mind you would like to see - or you need a certain color or something... you CAN make requests! Making hair is fun and, I'm sure, far less messy than for real hairdressers! You know, I was wondering why noone has ever invented a grated floor system for salons, where when you sit in the chair, the snipped hair falls onto, then the stylist could just hit a switch and the hair would immediately get sucked down? Or.. or or or... how 'bout if it were like the dentist - how they make us hold our own little sucker thing in our mouths? (we NEVER do a good job of that.. I always get saliva down the side of my neck!) We could just hold our own vacuumy thing and suck the hair away as they snip? Or... you know how hair gets all static electricity -y... when you rub in on a balloon, specially, well what if you could make one of those capes that has tons of static - use some material that is charged, then when the stylist cut your hair it would be attracted just to the cape... then if they had a way to turn the charge off, the hair would all fall off, where they want it. Just thinking.... I do this sometimes LOL!



ARGH, MY MATEY, MR. MILES - I only have an eye for you!



Oh yes, and were'nt we silly yesterday! My friend Alison came for lunch and a relaxing afternoon (good fellowship too!) We used the fancy dishes and strolled around like the Queen must do in her royal gardens. Our behaviour was not royal - mine actually, I confess. While down at the dock I found this strange piece of wood, and could not resist to go a winkin' Course, being with a photo-buff, there's always the danger of being caught on film...




EYE EYE ALISON!



Tonight is the 5th of 6 Photography Classes, using Picasa, tonight at the Learning Center and I will help. Tonight we will learn about Hello and some other free features. It will be fun to watch everyones eyes light up! So the rest of the day I intend to truly RELAX and perhaps get some sunshine and exersize as well. Mom and Dad will arrive tomorrow and so I'm taking today OFF.




RARE LADY SLIPPER ORCHID



Alison and I took pictures of this rare Lady Slipper Orchid - a very beautiful flower indeed. I can see why it got it's name! Did you know that Orchid fruits (capsules) produce nearly microscopic seeds in large numbers. Harrod and Knecht (1994) found an average of 3874 seeds per fruit in C. fasciculatum. Correll (1950) reports an estimated 10,000 seeds per capsule in the yellow lady-slipper C. parviflorum.



I had located a special mutant dandelion to share with my friend Becky (she finds blowing the seeds de-stressing) - it was a big one, with three growing into one with a gargantuan blowable head, just ripe to go... but when we went to walk to find it the sprinklers were on! We decided to run the gauntlet to get to the stairs (instead of going all the way back, backtracking on the trails)... we got wet, but it felt pretty good as it was an unusually hot day! No blowing for Becks that day - but you'll make it thru the end of the week, my friend!




SOME SORTA WILDFLOWER!



Today in History


1630 - Italian Jesuit Niccolo Zucchi - 1st to see 2 belts on Jupiter surface

1792 - 24 merchants form NY Stock Exchange at 70 Wall Street

1804 - Lewis & Clark begin exploration of La Purchase

1875 - 1st Kentucky Derby run at Churchill Downs Winner was Aristides

1960 - 1st atomic reactor system to be patented - JW Flora - Canoga Park CA



Birthdays in History


1749 - Edward Jenner, English physician discovered vaccination

1836 - Joseph Norman Lockyer, astroarchaeologist founded NATURE magazine



BARB'S HANDY TIP #263

Make Music - Together but NOT!



Have you heard about online Jamming? It's now possible, with the internet, to 'jam' (musically) with other musicians!


Imagine if John had never met Paul, or another Paul had never met Art. Well, these days online-jamming Web sites are making it easier for thousands or even millions of would-be Lennons and McCartneys or Simons and Garfunkels to collaborate — without ever meeting each other in person. You can listen to the entire article about this way cool idea at NPR - and it provides links to several online jamming sites, if you look to the bottom left of the article!



NPR ONLINE JAMMING ARTICLE

17 comments:

  1. Good Morning Barb!:)
    Thank you so much for the hair.Not exactly sure how I will use it ..but it looks great and I will come up with something.:)Afer all..I have three grand daughters that would love to have dolls to go with it.hmmm..something for you to think about!:)
    I love your new web site for kids.I would have left a comment there for Miles..but couldn't find the place to do it.I'm slow..I know..you have to draw me a map.LOL
    I let my DIL have the link so she can go there for her girls.:)
    Have a fun day relaxing.Try not to put any more trees in your eye.LOL

    Hugs,
    Valinda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me again..just read(sang)your comment on my blog..you are too funny.!!:)

    Hugs again:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning friend - thank goodness for cooling winds lastnight after that muggy part of the afternoon. Speaking of winds, I sense the winds of change today, or tomorrow! I feel compelled to 'speak' before I go to Van but I don't know if the opportunity will arise for me.

    Waiting on His leading.

    Have a great day - a relaxing day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you for the freebie and more interesting links! how can you NOT walk around your gardens like royalty? from what i have seen, it is absolutely beautiful!! :) the site your dh has designed is GREAT and thanks for sharing!! have a WONDERFUL day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These 'dos are too fun for words. Thanks for creating them for us. They'll be perfect to scrap my sister's 50th BD party that I hosted, and then photographed glamour shots of all the guests. Plus, an extra thanks for taking the time to visit my blog -- I was very surprised to have a message from you, and honored as well. You're a gem! Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  6. AnonymousMay 17, 2007

    I love the hair too! Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. AnonymousMay 17, 2007

    what fun elements to play with! thanks os much.
    -Sheryl

    ReplyDelete
  8. AnonymousMay 17, 2007

    Cute hair elements! Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Barb,
    Can I say you are a nut on so many different levels? Between your pirate photos and not realizing it was my birthday you are too coo-ky! Anyway love the blog and those swirls from yesterday. Mind you I love todays hair and such just have no clue how I'd go about using them. Hugs! -Amy

    ReplyDelete
  10. AnonymousMay 17, 2007

    Love the hair do's! Thank you so much for making them. My daughter was bald for her first two (almost three) years of life and these will be perfect to give her some style. Beautiful flower photos as well. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  11. AnonymousMay 17, 2007

    Cute stuff! Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  12. AnonymousMay 18, 2007

    Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks a lot for this funny freebies... If you a little one on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  14. TY so very much for this cool freebie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. AnonymousMay 19, 2007

    I haven't seen any hair on my husbands head for the last 20 years. He is a Paul Newman type so I think hair would be appropriate for his 75th birthday party card,dont you think? Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  16. AnonymousMay 20, 2007

    These styling elements are so awesome, thanks for sharing. Can't wait to use them :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOL, i am loving catching up on the blog posts that I have missed (slowly but surely)....all i can say is THANK YOU so much for all your wonderful bits and baubles of information, advice, humor, and of course scrapbook stuff :P...oh yeah, and before you point out the speck in your friends eye...well ya know...:) what a great pic to scrap for a scripture challenge!!!!
    you always bless my day when i make it to your blog :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a blessing to me!

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts