Tuesday, February 14, 2006

MY VALENTINES SURPRIZE!




This is a big day for us at the Derksen household. I have a tradition each year of making something special for Miles. I think it started one year when we were really short of money - I was forced to be creative in a gift. It has just stuck, and these years later I've found out its not just Miles who's looking forward, the entire neighborhood is waiting to see what will be outside this year. I enlisted the help of our neighbors to come first thing to hang the poster up...but it was so early that the dew on the garage door prevented them from taping it up, and they ended up anchoring it to the ground with several big rocks. I understand they tried to tape it to the van, the front door, but to no avail, it was too wet. I still have one more surprize that I have to go downtown for yet, won't let the cat out of the bag here in case Miles sends anyone to this blog! (wink, wink!) The three pictures here are of the original scrapbook layout I made on the computer, the second picture is the garage door done up, and the third is a close up of the beautiful roses I created from our tent poles, metallic gift wrap, green paper streamers and coat hangers. Hope you enjoy! Have a wonderful, romantic Valentines and DO SOMETHING for your hunny - trust me, even if they SAY they don't need it, they will LOVE it, and you will get more joy than you give. God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are a blessing to me!

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts