Monday, June 02, 2014

Casual Fridays Challenge 132 Card

Ha, the cards just keep coming!  If my legs would hold me up I think I’d stay up the entire night and build little creations but alas, my “dawgs” is tired.  Without further ado:

Casual Fridays Challenge 132:

CFC132:  What a Catch

Create a Guy card with the following catch...you can't use kraft as a color at all, AND you have to include some sort of ribbon.

*entries close at noon on June 20th*

So I made -

CFC-132-_-Barb-Derksen

This is simple - well as simple as I can make things.  I tend to get all cluttery so this was a stretch.  Loved this paper - My Mind’s Eye from the “Dolled Up” 6 x 6 paper pad. Made it easy to do a masculine theme.  I mitred a little paper to make a “frame” and the tack holding the sentiment on is actually a blob of glitter glue from my glue gun.  It came together fast, I must admit.

1-small-thing

Today’s 1 small thing IS really small…

unnamed

I am constantly amazed at how wonderful my iphone takes pictures of the teensiest of subjects.  I caught this little lady(bug) dining out on tiny aphids. 

I like what this vintage book “Handbook of Nature Study” by Anna Botsford Comstock said about the Ladybird:

“The little black legs, while quite efficient because they can move so rapidly, are not the ladybird’s only means of locomotion; she is a good flier and has a long pair of dark wings which she folds crosswise under her wing covers.  It is comical to see her pull up her wings, as a lady tucks up a long petticoat; and sometimes ladybird is rather slovenly about it and runs around with the tips of her wings hanging out behind, quite untidily.”

Well said!

2 comments:

  1. Good morning Barb:)
    I LOVE your masculine card! I sometimes think they are the hardest ones to do..but prolly are the easiest because they don't require all that ribbon,flowers and bows.:) Love how you tacked the sentiment onto the cork board! What a COOL idea! Also...LOVE your mitered frame! Awesome card my friend! :)
    I always wondered why the ladybird's (bug) wings stuck out from under the black wing.:) Maybe it's for a fast getaway?LOL

    Love and hugs!
    Valinda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I'm amazed by how clearly the stamping showed up on the ribbon - well done! So glad you joined us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a blessing to me!

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts