Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Merry Monday # 40 Card

I have been resisting making festive cards this year - I’m not quite sure why but all of a sudden I find myself in the mood so here am I, taking part in the oh-so-fun Merry Monday Challenge hosted by the Always Playing with Paper website

Merry Monday Challenge #40

SKETCH:

MY CARD:

MM40---1_Barb-Derksen

I couldn’t resist using this fun Wal-Mart Stamp,  from the Holiday Stamp Set which was one of the FIRST stamps I ever got as a gift from my sister Nina who lured me into the world of card-making.  I used Wonder&Wishes Designer Paper by Little Yellow Bicycle - and then I used some transparency paper I was given on the other side, because it supplied a “third” different panel without taking away from the nice pattern.

I stamped this guy onto a nice piece of 140 lb Arches watercolour paper.  Using quality paper makes for the wonderful way the paint applies.

MM40---2_Barb-Derksen 

I painted with pearlescent paints for the body and background and used regular watercolour paints for all other sections.  I added interest and elevation to the card by applying black gems as coal “buttons” on Mr. Snowman’s body.

Thanks for visiting!

Blogger Labels: Merry,Card,mood,Challenge,Paper,SKETCH,Mart,Stamp,gift,Nina,world,Wonder,Wishes,Designer,Little,Bicycle,transparency,panel,piece,watercolour,paint,background,elevation,gems,coal,Snowman,Thanks,paints

12 comments:

  1. Love your choice of DSP and your very fun cute image. Great card. Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Barb, this card is so cute. This little snowman certainly did not look this adorable when he was living with me :). I love the effect of the pearlescents, I really need to dig mine out and work with them. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday this week! I hope you join us again hint hint sister :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Talent must run in your family, Barb! What a fantastic snowman card! I love the paper strips with the white in the middle. Shows that sweet guy off beautifully! Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday! Hope to see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really cute! Love your snowman. I like using watercolor paper too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowzers, this is adorable, Barb! Love the mix of papers and your adorable snowman! Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Merry Mondays! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the watercolour - but you knew I would! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning Barb:)
    What a CUTE card!! I am sooo happy to see you are making festive cards again! This time of the year is my favorite time to make cards..and I LOVE your COOL snowman too!!I have never tried those paints for my stamps. Will have to give it a try one day.:)

    Love and hugs,
    Valinda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is adorable and I just love that little snowman. I am kind of a snowman freak. Thanks for playing with us at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely love that snowman, your card is perfectly balanced and cute too! Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute...any snowman is a plus in my card stash! Thanks for participating in the Merry Monday this week!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a blessing to me!

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts