Thursday, November 08, 2012

LISTEN UP - a FREEBIE, vintage gramophone silhouette for YOU!

Moving right along with new creations for my upcoming craft sales I’m going with whatever hits my brain at any particular moment.

I got it in my head I wanted a vintage gramophone for a card design.  I located a nice gramophone silhouette at an online store but it was for personal use only and I need it to be on cards that I’m selling so I had to go hunt down my own photo on the internet, bring it into my vector program and trace and tweak it.  So I figure, if I’m going through all this work it might be a blessing to YOU too.  I’m putting this out here as a personal use element but if you would like to use it for craft sales or commercial, you just need to contact me and we can discuss that. 

I was tickled that my sister Nina said she’d also give my file a “test run” so we are both posting today so check her version out HERE. 

Gramophone-Card-1_Barb-Derksen

I wanted this to be suitable for masculine or feminine so i felt the canvas background is masculine, yet the lace softens it.  I made a batch of four and I already have one picked out for someone dear to me and I went ahead and added some stamped flowers on the top left and again bottom right.

Gramophone-Card-2_Barb-Derksen 

And I love to get my hands on a vintage typewriter and tap out my greetings.  I put these on a nice hand-made paper. 

phonograph_preview

DOWNLOAD

personal use

Thanks for visiting, your support of my blog and creations and leaving a comment!

Blogger Labels: LISTEN,FREEBIE,silhouette,brain,moment,card,photo,element,Nina,version,HERE,canvas,background,batch,flowers,bottom,greetings,paper,DOWNLOAD,Thanks,creations,sales

14 comments:

  1. Thank you Barbfor this fantastic file, it worked great with my Cricut and SCAL software. Love your card, what a fun idea with the grampophone singing out Happy Birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the lovely cut file especially for a male card.
    Jocelan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barb, your card is so cute! What a nice idea to "play" Happy Birthday. Music lovers and more will appreciate a card like this. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely card and thank you for share the file. Your siters card is beautiful also
    hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing such a versatile file with us.
    You are so clever and so very generous.

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a clever design, Barb. As you say, both masculine & feminine at the same time! Thanks for sharing with everyone too.
    Tine (Addie24)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card and beautiful vintage gramophone. Thanks for sharing.
    Hugs, Pippin/Pia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there friend, It seems like forever since I visited you I hope all is going well. Thanks for sharing the give away
    hugs DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good morning Barb!! :)
    I LOVE your gramophone!! Thank you so much for sharing your cutting file too!! It's such a COOL idea and you can also use the upper part for a megaphone for announcements etc!! "Your attention please..we are expecting a baby!!" or..." Calling all friends...we need your help!" or..."Shouting to the world..I'm in LOVE!" :)
    Hope you have a WONDERFUL weekend my dear friend!!:)

    Love and hugs,
    Valinda

    ReplyDelete
  10. awesome card and design....girl you are so talented . Have a great weekend.

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thankyou for this wonderful silhouette Barb...just right for a cutout my daughter is doing for my 60th....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks so much for this great cut file, Barb!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is SO cool!
    Thanks, Barb!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you, Barb. I always enjoy your files, and this is just what I need right now!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a blessing to me!

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts