Tuesday, January 08, 2013

Thats one FOWL Card! and “Don’t fear that expired food”!

 

I just kicked my stool out from under myself so I can’t sit while I work on the computer.  Its a way I guarantee myself not to get “computer bum”  My theory is to be more like a hummingbird than one of those birds that just sits at the feeder and gets fat.  I want to merely “alight” at my computer and be able to flitter off to do other tasks, factoring it in to the fitness factor of my day” 

My sister and I have the same new Cricut Cuttlebug “Chicken Wire” folder and so she challenged we to do a card using it (a nice thing to do with the snow falling here in Osoyoos!) There is just enough of an ice base on the roads that the snow just hides that it is wise to stay in if one can.  If you’re reading this - PLEASE SEND SUN!

You can see Nina’s card HERE - we think alike and yet so different from each other, complementing one another which is refreshing!  I’ve learned a ton from her.

chicken-card

 

Supplies:

Cricut Cuttlebug “Chicken Wire” embossing folder (comes with the cool sideways mini strip!)

Meadowlark “Dawn” Circles Paper by My Mind’s Eye

Prima Marketing Inc “Flirty Little Secret” “Ringlets” Paper

Embossing Powder

Studio G Alphabet Stamp Set

Rooster - Graphics Fairy (she has MANY lovely Rooster and Chicken graphics)

Method:

I embossed the background layer and then brushed over the raised areas with first a charcoal ink and then a silver to make the chicken wire pattern stand out. 

I typed the sentiment out on a bit of cardstock using a vintage typewriter I picked up from Value Village last year.  ♥ that thing!  I left space so I could stamp in the CROW part of the sentiment.  I also covet my Studio G alphabet letter sets - I have at least 6 sets.  At a dollar a piece I find them invaluable for those projects you need to plug in a custom word. 

*****

YehYeh, this is a short post for me.  I tend to write “books”  But before I leave I’m giving you both a bit of inspiration and a link to make you think.

If you follow your bliss,

you put yourself on a kind of track,

which has been there all the while waiting for you,

and the life that you ought to be living

is the one you are living!

Joseph Campbell

 

I say this because I know the plans that I have for you.

” This message is from the Lord. “

I have good plans for you.

I don’t plan to hurt you.

I plan to give you hope and a good future.

Jeremiah 29:11

Easy-to-Read Version (ERV)

 

And on a completely different tack, I listened to this link which should cause you to think.  I am not going to reveal my feelings on this subject in this post, but the next so I can see how you feel about it.  This is a radio article I listened to on NPR recently.  Its all about EXPIRED food.  Just click HERE to listen (or read)

  PS: I found that looking through all the hundreds of comments as interesting and informative as the actual article!

Blogger Labels: Thats,FOWL,Card,food,stool,computer,theory,birds,tasks,factor,Cricut,Cuttlebug,Chicken,Wire,folder,Osoyoos,roads,SEND,Supplies,Meadowlark,Dawn,Paper,Mind,Prima,Little,Secret,Ringlets,Powder,Studio,Alphabet,Stamp,Rooster,Graphics,Fairy,MANY,Method,background,layer,sentiment,Value,Village,letter,piece,custom,YehYeh,inspiration,bliss,life,Joseph,Campbell,plans,message,Lord,Jeremiah,Easy,Read,Version,feelings,subject,radio,article,Just,HERE,comments,areas

6 comments:

  1. I'd love to share some sun with you, if only I had some!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic fun card Barb, I love you rooster and the fabulous colours you used. I think this card will be a huge hit with the recipient.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the card ...well have to go check Nina's out. Love the verses ... How true... Well it has started to snow here so I best get on the road ... Hope we connect soon

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the card ...well have to go check Nina's out. Love the verses ... How true... Well it has started to snow here so I best get on the road ... Hope we connect soon

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love both cards, both stunning, not a lot of sunshine to share from here but will send what I can, lol, hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Barb, you made me smile with this sisterly challenge. Both of you did such a nice job! Thank you for this wonderful share. I had some sun to send you earlier this morning but alas it has dwindled behind the Winter clouds. :( Cloudy winter days are blah. I'll have to try that standing routine in my craft room. I just wish my tables were higher to prevent those nasty neck and back aches. Enjoy your day, xxx-Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a blessing to me!

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts