Friday, August 28, 2015

Simon Says Wednesday “Anything Goes” Card

I find that making a card is my big reward, my relaxation, my happy little place even after working all day, even though I play with paper all day long.  I sneaked this card in over the past day.  I had made a similar card a few weeks ago and loved the technique so thought I’d try it again.  I like that it uses recycled materials (the transparent window)

Visit Simon Says Wednesday Card challenge to see what other folks made with the anything goes theme.

SSW-Aug-26-anything-goes---Barb-Derksen-1

 

Supplies: Embossing folder by Darice, Stamp by Forever in Time, 140 lb arches Watercolor paper for stamp, tombow markers, embossing powder, plastic transparency (recycled from product packaging) Pearlescent paints.

Method:

I created a window cut using my Silhouette Cameo for the card front.  I embossed it.  I cut some plastic packaging the same size as my card face and glued it to the back side of the embossed window. I stamped the front of the transparency window with Stayzon Ink, centering it very carefully.  I then stamped the image onto 140 lb watercolor paper using Versafine ink,  then embossed it.  I colored with TomBow markers for the inside of the stained glass looking image, then painted some pearlescent paint on the frame to look sort of gilded.  I glued the watercolored image to the top center of my card base.  I then bumped out the face of the card, lining it up with the image on the card base, but using foam tape so it stands out.  This creates the 3D look for the image.

I finished off with the little ribbon in gold, to reflect the gold of the frame.  I’m leaving this card “as is” for now, though I may add a sentiment on the bottom right at some point when I decide who its intended for.

Thanks for visiting today!

3 comments:

  1. wow ...love your card ...makes me want to try and make one ...beautiful...thanks so much for sharing

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barbara this is a awesome card you have created.
    Blessings Jocelan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Barbara! So elegant and pretty.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a blessing to me!

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts