Wednesday, July 29, 2009

A Bit of Our Vacation



I have so much to to blog about our vacation that I really do not know where to start. So how about with a bit of humour, right off the bat?



Toward the end of our holiday we spent about five days camped at one of our favorite places on the Oregon coast, Humbug State Park. Its located just south of a quaint little seaside town called Port Orford. We've been to Port Orford several times over the years.



We discovered a unique thrift store there called "The Little Shop of Horrors" and it proved to not be scary at all, but it was a bit eclectic and interesting. That first year Mr. Miles bought me a pretty treasure chest which I still have. So this summer we thought we would see if it was still there.



I always regretted that I had not taken photos on the first visit there because the owner has several dogs who are so funny! One is a Bulldog, there's a HUGE furry fluffy dog (like 3 - 4 ft tall!) named Thor, and a sad, forlorn, melancholy looking Basset Hound - I'm not exactly sure I even saw the fourth dog and what breed it might be. I just recalled they were all interesting characters and regretted having not taken a photo so this time I promised myself I would take a picture if I had the opportunity.



The critters were definitely still there and so after asking permission, my Mr. was enlisted to snap a few on his camera because my camera has no flash (quit working a while back)



Turns out the dog was having a little rest, cuddle up to one of its many teddies, under a table.




IMG_5163



So, I coaxed it out from under there - did not take more than a mere call and he posed real pretty for me.




Don't you just love that stray fang? Well, once he realized he was in the spotlight with my Mr. taking pics he kept running right up to the camera and so I called him back to me...



And it was like a 100 lb sausage launched itself at me - knocked me right OVER! Of course Mr. caught that on camera too - me reduced to a puddle of laughter, the dog thinking it was all a big game till I got up off the floor.



IMG_5165



So, if you are ever in Port Orford, Oregon - stop into the shop but whatever you do don't get down to face level with the dogs!



What did I buy this time? I bought a dozen sticks of Wildberry Incense sticks. DELICIOUS scents! Have you ever heard of them - do YOU like incense?

Thank you to all of you who came and visited in my absence and your lovely emails too!



7 comments:

  1. Yay! you're back........
    can't wait to see all of your holiday snaps Barb.. well I wouldn't call them snaps, as you take quality pic and I know I will be wishing myself a holiday over there!
    Love the British Bulldog.. cute aren't they.. mind you, when they slobber, make sure you are well away from hitting distance.. when they shake their head, because that ain't so nice!
    hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good to see you post again. I´m sure you are super busy, being away so long.
    But it´s good to hear you had a great time. I love the photo of you laughing! Hilarious!
    Ok, gotta go, welcome home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Sis, your back! So nice to hear from you again. Sounds like you had a great loooong and needed holiday with lots of fun stuff. Look forward to seeing and hearing more of your travels.

    Yes Mingus boy has grown. Scary. I'd like him to stay the size he is forever but he'll grow yet more ... and get longer hair.

    I've had a busy afternoon cooking ahead for company. Whew! and in the heat too. Then the dishes!!! I was starting to get cranky but came here to unwind.

    Chicken fajitas for supper ... soon. I just have to make the roti.

    TTFN ... Cis

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome ...my SIL is back ...love the pics sis ...glad to have you back chat to you really soon ...love girl. Glad to hear you and Miles had an awesome time.

    hugs and all our love

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning Sweety!!!!!!!!!!
    So glad to see you made it home safe sound & from a WELL DESERVED vacation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    When your all rested & caught up you'll have to check my blog for ALL my latest LO's & News!!!!!!! LOL
    HUGE HUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good Morning Barb:)
    Excuse my while I do the happy dance..with a limp.LOL
    Soo glad to see you are back and posting again.Love the pics..Did you meet your match with the pup?hehe I see he reduced you to giggles.LOL Please thank Miles for the "Kodak" moment.LOL
    My niece(sister's DD) has a bull dog too.It looks just like the Ga. bulldog mascot.:)It's HUGE and slobbers ALL the time.They have to carry a towel around with them to wipe it's mouth...and you don't even want to see it's water bowl..stomach turning as I write.LOL They LOVE it to pieces though.:)
    Soo glad you had a great time while missing me.hehe

    Love and hugs,
    Valinda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good afternoon......my friend....
    Excuse my while I do the happy dance..with a limp.LOL.....

    Get More

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a blessing to me!

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts