Friday, October 20, 2017

Simple Hello Card

CTS244---Barb-Derksen

Taking a super quick moment out of my day to finally post a card.  Crazy beautiful life keeps pushing forward and I can’t seem to find a moment to post.  Not that I’ve had much card making lately, other than when I got to play with my sister when I visited.  Unfortunately and sadl ywaited to long and did not post because so much time had past.  Anyways, I did jump into a quick flurry yesterday and created this card based on the CAS(E) This Sketch #244

I used up some scraps for this one!  A simple black embossed bit, and then a patterned one.  I die cut them with die cuts from Simon Says (rectangles).  I embossed a simple white cardstock in white – and then die cut the hello sentiment, all from a set I bought at Michaels (both the embossing folder plus three die word die cuts)  I did use a heavy cardstock for the sentiment so it bumps up a bit.

CTS244-2--Barb-Derksen

I love using up scraps!   In fact, I used up some from the leftovers of the leftovers.  I added these small bits inside the card to sort of frame it and add interest and carry the theme through.  I do this often.  Tell me, how do you use up your scraps?  Do you like to add interest inside you cards?  sentiments? decorations? My inquiring mind needs to know! 

2 comments:

  1. Nice Card I have been thinking about you a lot. How are things in your little corner of the world.
    Blessings Jocelan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great take on the sketch! I love the texture you added!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a blessing to me!

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts