Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Cool Kid Card

AHS-225-Barb-Derksen

I was taken by this sketch for Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #225:

I kind of got very ‘involved’ on this card.  I used a Simon Says Stamp stitched diecut for the base, cutting it out of a Basic Grey card called “wander”  I diecut a smaller window and flipped the paper to the other side for the bold pattern.  Next I stamped a matching blue cardstock with a Stampin’ Up pattern stamp, then an automobile from My Mind’s Eye onto that, fussy cut it and embossed it with clear.  When done, I added some definition to the wheels using a black sharpie and coated each with diamond Glaze.  A silver gem became a headlight.  I stamped “You are such a” sentiment using a Honey Bee Stamps set and added the “Cool Kid” from an Inkadinkadoo set.  I trimmed these all out and glued and bumped some out with foamtape.  Did the same with the car.  Whew!  Hope the little feller likes this.

3 comments:

  1. cool and fun back to school card. Thanks for sharing with us at AHSC this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any kiddo would be blessed by this card! I love the happy traffic, bright colors, and encouraging sentiment. Thank you for playing along with the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge!
    Blessings,
    Christine
    DT Member
    https://withaverygratefulheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card. Thanks for sharing with us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a blessing to me!

Follow by Email

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts