Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Cool Kid Card

AHS-225-Barb-Derksen

I was taken by this sketch for Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #225:

I kind of got very ‘involved’ on this card.  I used a Simon Says Stamp stitched diecut for the base, cutting it out of a Basic Grey card called “wander”  I diecut a smaller window and flipped the paper to the other side for the bold pattern.  Next I stamped a matching blue cardstock with a Stampin’ Up pattern stamp, then an automobile from My Mind’s Eye onto that, fussy cut it and embossed it with clear.  When done, I added some definition to the wheels using a black sharpie and coated each with diamond Glaze.  A silver gem became a headlight.  I stamped “You are such a” sentiment using a Honey Bee Stamps set and added the “Cool Kid” from an Inkadinkadoo set.  I trimmed these all out and glued and bumped some out with foamtape.  Did the same with the car.  Whew!  Hope the little feller likes this.

6 comments:

  1. cool and fun back to school card. Thanks for sharing with us at AHSC this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any kiddo would be blessed by this card! I love the happy traffic, bright colors, and encouraging sentiment. Thank you for playing along with the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge!
    Blessings,
    Christine
    DT Member
    https://withaverygratefulheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! So colorful and love all of the layers and the mixed media look! Thanks so much for playing along with Atlantic Hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Snail mail is becoming more and more rare. Wouldn't it be great if we all sent the awesome kids we know a card like this? It's so colorful and fun, what kid wouldn't be excited to get this? Thanks for sharing your talent with the Atlantic Hearts Sketch challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute card. Thanks for sharing with us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute card. Thanks for sharing with us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a blessing to me!

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts