Thursday, March 17, 2016

Fusion–Everythings Owl Right Challenge

Fusion---Everythings-Owl-Right-Barb-Derksen

Am I confusing with my card when you read the title of my post?  After all, looking at my card there’s nothing suggesting an owl at all!  Perhaps this will clear it up for you – I’m working with this week’s Fusion challenge:

So you’ve made it out that I’m using just the sketch. 

I wanted to try something new for me, sewing on the sequins which I felt would be interesting for the angled lines.  I’ve probably had these sewn sequin strips for a few years now so its about time I’d say! 

I sewed the sequins onto the card using my sewing machine, onto an embossed piece of cardstock (sorry don’t remember who’s folder, no identification on it) and then I stamped this sentiment using a Paper Smooches stamp.  I used varying layers of a very shiny foil like cardstock. 

Its cold and windy here today – I’d hate to be out in an orchard pruning I think.  No, its a stay inside and snuggle up with a warm beverage and good friends!  I hope you’re enjoying your day too.

2 comments:

  1. Love your shiny sequins and framing paper, isn't it great to finally use something you have had in your craft room for ages! This was the perfect use for the sequins - the embossing folder adds great texture to your card! thanks so much for joining us in the Fusion Challenge Barbara, and for stopping by my blog to say hello! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish it was cold and windy here. In Brisbane we have hot and humid! Love your sequins! Thanks for joining us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a blessing to me!

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts