Saturday, April 11, 2015

Sketch Saturday #356 & 365 Photo of the Day

Train---Barb-Derksen-16

Today’s photo is another little scene captured at Osoyoos Desert Model Railroad (miniature) I feel like I could walk right into this scene – well, even drive into it with our own ‘Seb’ VW Van.  We would pull right up and I’d offer to take a photo of the fella holding the big fish and ask them what the fish are biting on today.  (much to Mr. Miles embarassment) Then we would hop right back in Seb and find our own little campsite just a little way down the river…

I can dream, can’t I?  The reality is I’m just getting over a wicked-bad cold and will be staying put for a bit till I feel better.  In between, I will be working on some projects featuring some of KimB’s beautiful Digital Scrapbooking Kits which you can find over at The Digital Press.  I’m just tweeking designs and figuring out printing and cutting issues then I’ll be so excited to show and share! 

Today is my first day to take a card challenge. I decided to be inspired by Simon Says Stamp’s Sketch Saturday #356

SSSS-365---Barb-Derksen

I enjoyed making this, using a few items I’ve neglected and a few I picked up recently.  The cardboard looking card base is from Recollection (Michaels).  I actually bought a box of these and found they match ideally with these craft-paper looking Designer Papers from Craft Smith.  The name was trimmed out of a a sheet of DP while the stamped sentiment is from My Favorite Things.

(you might like to play along too – Simon Says Stamp (sponsor) is putting up a $25 voucher for their store!)

Thanks for popping in today!

3 comments:

  1. I am enjoying the photographs you post on your blog. And this kraft toned card is beautifully earthy and masculine. Thank you also for dropping by my own blog, Barbara. You must play along with our challenge at Sketch Saturday more often! Hugs, Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great earthy, masculine card! LOVE the kraft! Thanks so mcu for joining us this week at Sketch Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now..THAT is a TINY house.LOL I can just see you doing exactly what you imagined doing here.:)

    I LOVE your COOL card too.:)

    Love,
    Valinda

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a blessing to me!

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts