Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Family Challenge - Soot Stamping

Judy picked out this very cool technique for our latest family challenge:

She makes it look SO easy - haha!

Hmmm, I’ve invested time in the past to making my candles NOT spew forth ribbons of black soot. This challenge had me working hard to get that candle to billow extra soot.  What I learned is that if I held the glass jar on a great angle, allowing the flame to lick up the side then I was rewarded with enough lovely soot for this project. 

 

Family-Challenge-Sept-13---1

 

SUPPLIES:

Candle

Fixative Spray

Stamps

Cardstock

Stick on Letters

 

I chose to use a few new stamps I treated myself to last weekend - a Lost and Found Acrylic of an old time camera

Family-Challenge-Sept-13---3

and an Imaginisce Acrylic stamp of… a sunshine - but I just used some of the “rays” to create the effect of a flash going off. 

 

Family-Challenge-Sept-13---2

And added these Teeny Alphas letters by Glitz for the sentiment! 

I don’t know about you but I’m clearly excited to hop on over to my sister Nina’s and sister in law Judy’s blogs to see what creative ways they came up with for this uber-cool technique.

5 comments:

  1. Wow great card you ... did it.......love the stamp of the old fashion camera . Thank you so much for trying the challenge . Have a great week... And hope we can get another challenge going.

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very creative technique. Great card.
    Hugs
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good evening Barb:)

    Wow...it amazes me... all the different things you come up with to use on your cards.:) What FUN!:)

    Love,
    Valinda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like fun and turned out neat-o

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had to laugh as I just read a book on the cave painters of the Chauvet Cave in France, I loved the parts where they spoke of the tools, and 3500 years ago soot was a high on the list contender, love love what you have done with it, hugs

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a blessing to me!

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts