Wednesday, October 10, 2012

A Pretty Cut for YOU!

I’m sneaking in a blog post - I say sneaking because the weather is so beautiful here today that I am kicking my own backside out the door for a portion of the day, camera in hand, of course so I can share some of the loveliness with YOU!  And, it sounds like this weather will be disappearing in a day or two, so enjoy for now. 

First things first, I would like to share a pretty anniversary card my friend Marilyn who I met through the Silhouette Plus forums - a great creative place to be!

Marilyn-Card

Don’t you just love those cherries?  They look like they are ready to pick right off the card.  I am sure the happy couple will treasure this greeting, looks totally “frame worthy” Thanks Marilyn! 

If YOU have a card you’ve created with any of my cuts I’d ♥ to feature you here, just send me a jpg at lalalime(at)hotmail<dot>com

And I need to share another card I made for World Card Day which I created with my sister Nina while on vacation.  No internet connection at that time so only posting now.  Had to play with our new supplies, right? 

World-Card-Day_Barb-Derksen

Supplies:

Paper - Indie Chic by My Mind’s Eye

Cardstock

Stamp - Prima Clear Stamps #550936 (keys) I purchased this stamp at Paper Nation - my favourite store of all!

Stamp - Get Well - borrowed from Nina’s collection so I’m sure she will let me know to update here. 

Ribbon

So just a simple greeting.  Sometimes less is better, I tend to get fussy!

And now, I’ll post some photos of my latest design - I actually created four different looks so you can see how simply using different papers can give it a unique look as well.  I think my dandelion cut would be ideal for a vinyl project as well.

Dandelion-Card1_Barb-Derksen 

Dandelion-Card1a_Barb-Derksen

Stamp - Fiskars

I think this second picture shows up the beautiful sparkles of this Fantasy Shimmer paper I bought at a dollar store.  It worked perfectly with the embossing and as you will see in the following cards, it cuts nicely on my Silhouette.  Because the glitter is so fine it cut on just a setting of 3 on the blade.

Dandelion-Card2_Barb-Derksen

With a soft and completely different look.  These little seeds are so very fine, my Cameo has no problem cutting the tiniest details! 

Stamp - Studio G

Dandelion-Card3_Barb-Derksen

Stamp - TPC Studios Celebrations

Embossing Folder by Crafts-Too

Dandelion-Card4_Barb-Derksen

My Mr always favors anything black silhouette - he always says they are effective.  What do YOU think? 

Note: I’ve included two different .studio files for the dandelion and seeds, one set is BIG, the other is both items together and cut to fit a typical 1/4 fold card size - including 4 ‘seeds’ ( I put one inside my card as well)

Dandelion-Card-prev_Barb-Derksen 

DOWNLOAD

Off for my walk in the sunshine now - enjoy your day!

Blogger Labels: backside,door,portion,anniversary,card,friend,Marilyn,Silhouette,Plus,Thanks,World,Nina,vacation,connection,Supplies,Paper,Indie,Chic,Mind,Cardstock,Stamp,Prima,Clear,Nation,collection,Ribbon,Sometimes,papers,vinyl,Fiskars,Fantasy,Shimmer,blade,Cameo,Studio,Studios,Celebrations,Folder,Note,files,items,size,DOWNLOAD,sunshine,forums,photos,dandelion

11 comments:

  1. Your cards are lovely, beautiful die cut too! Hope you enjoy the good weather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really pretty design, Barb. I love all the texture on each of your cards.
    Tine (Addie24)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards, thank you very much for sharing the file,I'm off to investigate the Silhouette forum.

    ReplyDelete
  4. BEAUTIFUL ....THANK YOU ;~}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning Barb:)
    Can't wait to see photos from your walk!!:)I always love it when we can take those walks with you.:)
    You did an excellent job on your cards!! I LOVE the embossing and the Dandelions too.Thank you so much for sharing your cutting file for the Dandelion.:) How SWEET! I LOVE your key stamp too.You could use that in several ways. Let's Key-p in touch...you hold the key to my heart..You are the key to my happiness. etc.I just bought an embossing folder that has keys on it. Now I know how I can use it.LOL
    Catch me if you can.LOL

    Love,
    Valinda

    ReplyDelete
  6. un grand merci je cherchai ce modèle depuis plusieurs mois patounine france

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing.
    Greetje

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow girl you are so talented love all the cards. Neat Danelion cutout ...one day I will have to get one of those machines. Have a great week...

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. I though for sure I has commented on this post.. bad sister. Your cards are beautiful Barb, that Dandelion cut is fantastic and I love all your card. I can't even pick a favorite :).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you! This is so unique!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love dandelion cuts, made a few of them myself. Love yours, sorry the link is broken and I can't get it.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a blessing to me!

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts