Saturday, November 03, 2018

Brilliant Birthday Card

FMS-361-Barb-Derksen

I’m still playing around with a set of Recollection Halloween stamps I picked up, some of the images, though intended to be creepy or scary actually inspire me for other cards so I may work my way through a few more before I retire them to focus on some festive ones (coz really, I’ve not even begun to think Christmas yet)  I had stamped this sentiment when I was visiting my sister Nina and I just knew it would be a hit for this Freshly Made Sketches #361 challenge.  I wanted to make it simple so I chose a basic palette.  Silver sparkle, black and yellow against white.  I stamped the lightbulb with black versafine then colored using both a Tim Holtz distress ink in Mustard and then a bit of Tombow marker to match the color true to the bright yellow cardstock strip.  I then fussycut the lightbulb and embossed it with clear.  After layering a bit, bumping the sentiment out with foam, I was happy this card came together so easily. 

Mushroom with Crab Apple

Even though it rained today and everything was misty moisty outdoors I chose to go for a super speed walk in the orchard today.  I have to fling myself out the door mid afternoon or else I begin to flag and thats not a good thing.  Its ok if I can actually nap, but that does not always happen and then I’m just messed up for the rest of the day.  I love walking the long rows of the orchard, the leaves confettied in the grass and with mushrooms popping up here and there making little cups for birds to come drink out of.  I thought this little crab apple looked like the cherry on top! 

Besides this, I played with my brand new instant pot – I treated myself.  I admit I was intimidated to begin but after making my first ever beef stew, from scratch, from a frozen roast no less, in 90 minutes – I’m already imagining my next big batch of cooking!  I am truly impressed.   Do YOU have one?  What is your favorite recipe?  Any pointers for me? 

1 comment:

  1. Cute card and a great use of the sketch! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a blessing to me!

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts